Post-Decree Modifications and Enforcement
1444 Blake Street, Denver, CO 80202

Call Us303-567-7922 FaceBook


Colorado Post-Decree Modification and Enforcement Lawyer

Denver Post-Decree Modifications and Enforcement Attorney

Attorney in Denver Helping Clients Through Post-Divorce Changes

Your family is changing. A divorce represents change. Divorce can also be a beginning, as it marks the transition into a new life for all involved. At Pesch Law Office PC, we realize that life is always changing and that certain elements of your divorce decree may need to be modified as time passes. Similarly, enforcement efforts may also be necessary, and we are prepared to advise and guide you with any type of post-decree actions.

Experienced Family Law Attorney in Douglas County

For more than 25 years, Attorney Susan Marie Pesch has been helping families seek modifications following a divorce to orders for maintenance, child support, and child custody, now called the allocation of parental responsibilities. She understands the importance of ensuring that such orders are kept up to date so that your needs and those of your children may continue to be met. Ms. Pesch and her team realize that most modifications will require showing that there has been a substantial and continuing change in your family's circumstances, such as:

  • Loss of income for a paying spouse or parent;
  • Diagnosis of a serious medical condition which results in a change of ability to earn income or requires a change of parenting responsibilities;
  • Birth or adoption of another child;
  • Relocation of one parent; and
  • Remarriage or cohabitation by either party.

Whatever your current situation may be, your divorce decree can often be amended so it can remain compliant with the law or modified to serve the best interests of your children.

Post-Divorce Order Enforcement

If your spouse is preventing you from exercising your right to parenting time with your child or has failed to comply with orders for support or alimony, you may need to bring the matter back into the courtroom. At Pesch Law Office PC, we know that it can be tempting to take matters into your own hands or attempt to resolve the issue without escalating the matter with court intervention. It is important to keep in mind that financial issues and parenting issues are separate and distinct. Just because you are not receiving child support does not entitle you to withhold parenting time from the payor parent. Similarly, if you are not receiving you parenting time, you must remain current with your support obligation. This may seem the easiest way to get the other parent's attention, but it could work against you if this matter is brought to court.

Instead, let Attorney Pesch assist you in seeking the relief you need. There are various tools at the court's disposal for the enforcement of support and parenting orders. There are also remedies available outside the courtroom that can be utilized to accomplish the goals and keep the matter from escalating. Susan can help you determine the most suitable approach for your specific case.

To learn more about post-decree modifications and enforcement in Colorado, contact our office. Call 303-567-7922 to schedule a confidential consultation at our firm. We are proud to serve individuals and families in Denver County, Jefferson County, Adams County, Broomfield County, Arapahoe County, and Douglas County.

Colorado Bar Association Colorado Women's Bar Association Metro Denver IDC Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals Denver Bar Association Arapahoe County Bar Association Douglas Elbert Bar Association
To Top