Our non-attorney mediator, Amber H. Anderson, brings years of professional mediation experience to our team here at Pesch Law Office PC. She is the founder of Hilltop Mediation, LLC and serves as a mediator with Douglas County’s Small Claims, Jefferson County Mediation Services, and Community Mediation Concepts.
Amber has worked for conflict resolution organizations, including the Organization of American States, the International Peace and Security Institute, and the Center for Peacebuilding and Development. She is a patron member of the Colorado Bar Association’s alternative dispute resolution section and a professional member of the Mediation Association of Colorado.
As a professional mediator with a master’s degree in international peace and conflict resolution, Amber is a real asset to our team. Some of the ways that she sets herself apart from other mediators include:
- She empowers clients to reach their own resolutions that will suit their lives
- She has a collaborative approach
- She is compassionate, but also willing to step in when needed
- She is results-oriented
The Importance of Having a Non-Attorney Mediator
While it is important to hire a lawyer to help you through the details of your divorce, you should also be aware that mediating is not your lawyer’s only responsibility. Your lawyer has other priorities as well, such as staying up to date on court dates, completing paperwork, providing legal advice, and more. While you should most definitely hire a lawyer with mediation experience, understand that mediating will not be your lawyer’s only job.
A non-attorney mediator has the time and resources to focus solely on mediation. Non-attorney mediator benefits include the following:
- They do not have an ethical obligation to either client
- They do not provide legal advice – non-mediators can focus more on other areas of the conflict at hand, such as emotional and/or financial factors and considerations
- They act as a neutral-third party – as they have never taken one side during a divorce, they are better equipped to maintain this neutrality
- Their entire professional experience revolves around conflict resolution
- It can be more cost-effective to work with a non-attorney mediator – you will avoid court fees if you can reach an amicable agreement through meditation
Get in touch online or call us directly at (303) 622-5227 to schedule your initial mediation consultation.